PROLIX is an EU-Integrated Project in the 5th Call of IST 2005. PROLIX overall objective is to align learning processes with business processes in order to enable organizations to faster improve the competencies of their employees according to continuous changes of business requirements.
To reach this goal, PROLIX develops an open, integrated reference architecture for process-oriented learning and information exchange. The key innovation in PROLIX consists of a process- and competency driven framework for interlinking business process intelligence tools on the one hand with knowledge management and learning environments on the other.
Two groups of the University of Vienna will participate in this project: The Projektzentrum Lehrentwicklung will provide contributions in the field of didactic models, and the Multimedia Information Systems Group at the Institute of Distributed and Multimedia Systems will contribute to the development of tools of the learning environment. The consortium members include 19 partners from 9 different countries, including leading companies in business process management tools and learning management systems as well as leading European research partners in learning technology, didactics and cognition:
- imc information multimedia communication AG
- Synergetics nv
- IDS Scheer AG
- Giunti Interactive Labs S.r.l.
- QPR Software Plc
- imaginary s.r.l.
- Universität Hannover, Forschungszentrum L3S
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Arbeitswirtschaft und Organisation
- Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien
- Universität Wien
- Demokritos National Centre for Scientific Research
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, StarLab
- Deutsches Forschungszentrum für künstliche Intelligenz
- Danube University Krems
- Ernst Klett Verlag
- EEA Communication solutions
- British Telecom
- Social Care Institute for Excellence
- Center for Teaching and Learning