Austrian Grid - Phase 2
The AUSTRIAN GRID consortium combines Austria's leading researchers in advanced computing technologies with well-recognized partners in grid-dependant application areas. The goal of the AUSTRIAN GRID is to start and support grid computing in Austria in general, and to provide coordination and collaboration between research areas interested in grid computing.
In concrete, the AUSTRIAN GRID initiative aims at
- development and usage of grid computing infrastructures for diverse application areas, and
- installation and operation of a national grid testbed in Austria.
Additionally, the AUSTRIAN GRID initiative intends to establish
- a platform for discussion of future grids in Austria
- a stepping stone for intended future international and European Union projects, and
- a contact institution for future partners interested in every aspect of grid computing.
The initiative is supported by the Austrian government through the
- Federal Ministry for Education, Science and Culture (BMBWK).
The activities in the AUSTRIAN GRID initiative are coordinated by
- Jens Volkert (Joh. Kepler University Linz), spokesman of the ACPC, Bruno Buchberger (Joh. Kepler University Linz), Dietmar Kuhn (Univ. Innsbruck)
The faculty's research topics include
- Economical aspects for grid computing
- Mobile grid computing
- Data mining and knowledge discovery
|R&D projects, public funding|
|2007 - 2009|
|No Executive found|