Simone Kriglstein, studied computer science at the Vienna University of Technology and graduated with honors in 2005. Her diploma thesis was about “Visual Perception and Interface Design”. She received her Doctoral degree (Dr. techn., Computer Science, with honors) from the University of Vienna in 2011. In her doctoral thesis she described an approach to the development process for ontology visualizations through the help of the human centered design approach.
2005 to 2007 she worked as Usablilty Engineer Consultant/User Interface Designer.
From 2007-2011 she worked at the University of Vienna as research assistant and teaching staff (Faculty of Computer Science, Research Group Workflow Systems and Technology).
Since 2011, she works for several projects at the University of Vienna (e.g., OCIS, playthenet) and the Vienna University of Technology (e.g., CVAST). Beginning with 2012 she works also as postdoctoral researcher at SBA Research.
- Interface and Interaction Design, Usability
- Information Visualization
Full list of publications (ResearchGate).
Awards and Honors:
- 2013 Certificate of Appreciation for Significant Contributions in the A/B Publication Strategy Period 2012 from the Faculty of Computer Science, University of Vienna
- 2011 Best Student Paper Award for the paper “Development Process and Evaluation of the Ontology Visualization Tool Knoocks – A Case Study” received at the International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications (VISIGRAPP/IVAPP 2011)
- 2011 Paper Award for the paper “The Curriculum as an Ontology - A Human Centered Visualization Approach” received at the World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (ED-MEDIA 2011)
- 2011 First place at the 2nd Annual Games for Learning Design Competition 2011 with the game “Metry Mouse Missions“
- 2010 SIGGRAPH 2010 - Disney Learning Challenge finalist with the game“DOGeometry”
- 2010 Certificate of Appreciation for Significant Contributions in the A/B Publication Strategy Period 2009 from the Faculty of Computer Science, University of Vienna
- 2008 Award for Top-Journal Publication from Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
- 2006 Second place at the German Game Developer Awards 2006 (Newcomer Award for the game “Crazy Furry Animals”)
- 2005 CHI 2005 Student Competition Semi-Finalist
Member of Organizing Committees:
- Since 2012 Organisation Committee Member of the International Workshop on Theory and Applications of Process Visualization (TAProViz) in conjunction with the International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM)
- 2005 Organisation Committee Member of the 1st Symposium of the Workgroup Human-Computer Interaction and Usability Engineering of the Austrian Computer Society
Member of Program Committees:
- 2014 IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI), Track: Human Factors
- 2014 18th IEEE Conference on Enterprise Computing (EDOC): Demonstration Track
- 2013, 2014 International Conference on Information Visualization Theory and Applications (IVAPP) which is part of the International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications (VISIGRAPP)
- 2013 10th Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology Conference (ACE)
- 2013 11th European Interactive TV Conference (EuroITV), Track: Human-Computer Interaction
- 2013 1st International Workshop on Communicating Business Process and Software Models: Quality, Understandability, and Maintainability (CBPSM) in conjunction with the 28th International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM)
- 2013 2nd International Workshop on Human-Centric Information Systems (HCIS)in conjunction with the 25th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE'13)
- 2012 1st Workshop on Human-Centric Process-Aware Information Systems in conjunction with the 24th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE'12)
- 2014 Journal of Business & Information Systems Engineering (BISE)
- 2013 IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG)
- 2013 International Journal of Computers & Graphics (C&G)
- 2013 Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing (JIM)
- 2013 International Journal of Information System Modeling and Design (IJISMD)
- 2013 International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM)
- 2013 International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES)
- 2013 European Conference on Informaion Systems (ECIS)
- 2012 ACM Symposium On Applied Computing (SAC)
- 2012 11th International Conference Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI)
- 2012 7th Workshop on Trends in Enterprise Architecture Research (TEAR) and the 5th Workshop on Practice-driven Research on Enterprise Transformation (PRET-5) as part of The Open Group Conference on Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing and Security
- 2012 2nd International Workshop on “Process Model Collections” (PMC)
- 2012 International Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI)
- 2009, 2010, 2012 IEEE Conference on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST)
- 2011 International Workshop on the Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
- 2011 International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM)
- Since 2008 ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI)
No content found.