Research Group Cooperative Systems
Room: Senseng.6 / 1.07
Währinger Straße 29, 1090 Wien
F +43-1-4277-8794 22
Svenja Schröder received her Master's degree in Applied Communication and Media Science from the University of Duisburg-Essen in 2008. From 2003 until 2010 she worked - first as student assistant, later as research associate - for the Chair of Collaborative Learning in Intelligent Distributed Environments (COLLIDE) where her research focus was mainly on social network analysis, ontology engineering and human computer interaction.
From 2010 on, Svenja Schröder mainly focussed on work and research in conceptual design, usability engineering (requirement analysis and testing) and user experience in Berlin. At the Humboldt-Viadrina School of Governance she worked as a research associate in a project on cooperative learning and mobile communities for medical specialists in training (KOLEGEA) which was funded by the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Furthermore, she took part in two research projects for establishing a diversity community for SMEs at the Berlin School of Economics and Law.
Since 2014, Svenja Schröder is research assistant at the Cooperative Systems Research Group (COSY) at the University of Vienna and is responsible for the scientific coordination of the cosy:lab which focuses on user trials. Furthermore, her research interest is in the field of usable security and mobile human computer interaction which is also the topic of her PhD thesis.
Awards and Honors:
- 2016 CHI 2016 Case Study Honorable Mention
- 2016 UNIVIE Teaching Award for the introductory course "Human Computer Interaction and Psychology", together with Prof. Dr. Renate Motschnig, Ass.-Prof. Dr. Michael Sedlmair and Prof. Dr. Torsten Möller
Member of Program Committees:
- 2017 Usable Security Mini Conference 2017 (USEC 2017), co-located with NDSS 2017
- The App for Mobile Field Studies Date: ongoing
- Symbiosis of smart objects across IoT environments Date: ongoing
- Partizipation an demokratischen Entscheidungsprozessen Date: August 2015 - September 2016
- Exploring new ways of experiencing cultural content Date: February 2015 - March 2016