Research Group Theory and Applications of Algorithms
Währinger Straße 29, 1090 Wien
F +43-1-4277-8 78311
Wilfried Gansterer is currently associate professor at the Faculty of Computer Science, University of Vienna, Austria, and vice head of the research group Theory and Applications of Algorithms.
He received a masters degree (Dipl.-Ing.) in Mathematics from Vienna University of Technology, with a MSc in Scientific Computing/Computational Mathematics from Stanford University, and a PhD in Scientific Computing from Vienna University of Technology. Subsequently, he worked as a post-doctoral research associate at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Then, he joined the Faculty of Computer Science at the University of Vienna, where he was awarded his habilitation and became head of the Research Lab Computational Technologies and Applications in 2006. He received tenure in 2012.
His research interests include various areas of scientific computing and computational science, in particular numerical algorithms, parallel computing, distributed computing, high performance computing, as well as internet security and data mining.
Publications of Wilfried Gansterer (including download of preprints) can be found in the tab "Publications" above this text.
- Date: ongoing
- Spam, Phishing, Bot Networks Date: ongoing
- Date: November 2012 - September 2013
- Distributed Computing and Information Processing Date: June 2011 - May 2014
- Date: February 2009 - January 2012
- Distributed Computing and Information Processing Date: June 2008 - May 2011
- Date: January 2006 - March 2011
- Date: July 2004 - April 2006
- Computing Paradigms and Algorithms for Molecular Modeling and Simulation: Applications in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, and Pharmacy
269015VU 3,0 ECTS
440503SE 3,0 ECTSResearch Seminar
Gerald Quirchmayr, Siegfried Benkner, Wilfried Gansterer, Monika Henzinger, Helmut Hlavacs, Ivo Hofacker, Marcus Hudec, Dimitris Karagiannis, Wolfgang Klas, Eduard Mehofer, Torsten Möller, Renate Motschnig, Claudia Plant, Peter Reichl, Stefanie Rinderle-Ma, Erich Schikuta, Gabriele Uchida, Arndt von Haeseler, Werner Winiwarter, Uwe Zdun